Support for the GACC California community, both in the United States and Germany could not exist without the help of our wonderful volunteers! Since 2003, over 50 volunteers have provided over 50,000 hours of service to GACC CA and the German American communities we serve.
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization with offices in San Diego, California and Leipzig, Germany our goal is not only to promote cross-cultural and trade relations between the U.S. and Germany, but also to support local German American communities by supporting their charities, causes and important events.
As the backbone of our programs, past and current volunteers have contributed to the following:
- Assisting at the German Film Festival
- Assisting with Deutsches Haus
- Coordinating quarterly round-tables, breakfasts and luncheons
- Helping at-risk children and families
- Organizing food and clothing drives and events
- Community and neighborhood clean-ups
- Coordinating career fairs
- Setting up workshops and community events
- Assisting at annual meetings
- Support other GACC California volunteer organization partners across the U.S.
Special projects may also be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you have an idea for a project you would like to undergo with GACC California, please let us know!
Volunteers at GACC California contribute their time, commitment and motivation for periods of 14 to 180 days. During that time, not only will you gain insight into our organization and causes, you will also be able to spend quality time in sunny San Diego, California or beautiful Leipzig, Germany.
All nationalities are welcome to apply. No special skills or knowledge are required; just a willingness to learn and contribute. Participation as a GACC California volunteer is completely free of charge and visa assistance will be provided for non-U.S. applicants applying for our U.S. volunteer program.
- You are 18 or older
- You can demonstrate sufficient financial funds to cover your expenses
- You know English well enough to perform successfully
- You have a valid passport
- Additionally, we may ask you for a copy of your CV/resume