We are headquartered in San Diego, California, and are supporting and promoting cross-cultural education, and foster international relations between the United States and many countries around the world. Our business services and career programs, internship programs, volunteer programs, and other educational programs provide opportunities for students and professionals of all backgrounds and nationalities to learn about American business and culture or to participate in various social and charitable causes. We are an official J-1 visa sponsor in the Intern and Trainee categories. We offer programs for cultural exchange, internships, and training opportunities throughout the entire USA.
The 12-month U.S.-European Exchange Program gives American students and recent graduates the chance to experience international business from a European perspective. You, as a USEEP scholar, will assist us as a Program Coordinator in our internship placement team. You will be helping international students and graduates realize their career development goals in the U.S. You will be guiding future program participants through the application procedure and coordinating correspondence with U.S. companies. Furthermore, USEEP scholars are given the opportunity to grow the placement programs with relative freedom. You will be offered a stipend to cover your living expenses during the program participation. Our program targets young Americans who are strongly interested in international relations or similar areas and have a passion for cultural exchange.
- USEEP scholars will receive intensive training in international business, human resources, administration, intercultural communication
- USEEP scholars gain experience in an international office working with clients from around the world
- Language immersion: Our office uses both German and English language
- Program participants can travel Europe over long weekends
- Effective communication skills are key to success as you will actively maintain and develop relationships with U.S. companies, as well as establish new ones in order to advance our programs
- Strong customer service skills are also important for this role, and coordinators will have to demonstrate eagerness in helping students realizing their career development goals
- Basic administrative skills needed to maintain and improve administrative processes and organizational development
- Abilitiy to work independently and take responsibility for your work assignments is a must
- Entrepreneurial spirit is beneficial as you are exploring new frontiers
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a U.S. university with a background in HR, communications, international relations, international business or similar
- Self motivated, proactive and committed to making an impact on people’s lives
- Interest in international business and cultural exchange
- US citizen and native English speaker
- German language skills are preferred but not essential
- Apartment rental costs in Leipzig are very low – it is relatively easy to find a furnished room for 200-300 Euros a month
- We will assist you in your application for a one-year visa. For more information on the process, have a look at the Leipzig Ausländerbehörde website
- Leipzig has a great public transportation system and is very bike friendly
- Get to know the city of Leipzig as an important historical and cultural point; from classical music to contemporary art, you can find everything in this up-and-coming city
- Leipzig is located in the heart of Europe, making travel very practical and economical. There are many budget travel options making trips to Italy, France, Poland and beyond very affordable. Prague for example, with all of its old world charm, is only a 3 hour train ride away from Leipzig!
- Leipzig and Berlin both offer a host of cheap airlines that can take you as far away as Greece and Spain while still offering affordable fares
- Your working hours are also flexible so you will have the freedom to plan long weekends away
We have a 3-step application process for the USEEP program. First, please apply and show your interest. In the next step, we will ask you to do a case study. After submitting the case study you will be invited for a video interview. During the interview, we will explain the program and answer any of your questions. You will then receive our official notification on our decision. After that, our USEEP Handbook with detailed information will be available to you as a selected participant, and it’s green light to prepare your trip to Germany.
If you’re interested in applying, please fill out the form below with your information. Please be sure to include your preferred start date. If your profile fits our criteria, we will contact you with more information. The start date is flexible and we accept applications year-round!