Get international work experience and travel Europe
Experience Europe and work with an international organization in the heart of Germany during a 12-month paid program!
The GACC California is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting relations between the U.S. and Europe. We have been helping European and international students from all over the world find career development opportunities in the U.S. for over ten years. We are an innovative and forward-thinking organisation with a global reach.
The 12-month U.S.-European Exchange Program gives American students/graduates the chance to experience international business from a European perspective. As a Program Coordinator in our placement team, you will be helping international students and graduates realize their career development goals in the U.S. You will be guiding applicants through the application procedure and coordinating correspondence with U.S. companies. Furthermore, Coordinators are given the opportunity to grow the placement programs with relative freedom. You will be offered a stipend!
How do you benefit from this program?
- You will receive intensive training in international business, human resources, administration, intercultural communication
- Participants gain experience in an international office working with clients from around the world
- Language immersion: Our office uses both German and English
- Travel Europe over long weekends
- You have the chance to eventually work in our San Diego or New York office
- Effective communication skills are key to success as you will actively maintain and develop relationships with U.S. companies, as well as establish new ones in order to advance GACCCA’s internship and volunteer placement programs
- Strong customer service skills are also important for this role and coordinators will have to demonstrate eagerness in helping students realizing their career development goals
- Basic administrative skills needed to maintain and improve administrative processes and organizational development
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a U.S. university with a background in HR, communications, international relations, international business or similar
- Self motivated, proactive and committed to making an impact on people’s lives
- Interest in international business and cultural exchange
- US citizen and native English speaker
- German language skills are preferred but not essential
- Apartment rental costs in Leipzig are very low – it is relatively easy to find a furnished room for 200-300 Euros a month
- We will assist you in your application for a one year visa. For more information on the process, have a look at the Leipzig Ausländerbehörde website
- Leipzig has a great public transportation system and is very bike friendly
- Get to know the city of Leipzig as an important historical and cultural point; from classical music to contemporary art, you can find everything in this up-and-coming city
- Leipzig is located in the heart of Europe, making travel very practical and economical. There are many budget travel options making trips to Italy, France, Poland and beyond very affordable. Prague for example, with all of its old world charm, is only a 3 hour train ride away from Leipzig!
- Leipzig and Berlin both offer a host of cheap airlines that can take you as far away as Greece and Spain while still offering affordable fares
- Your working hours are also flexible so you will have the freedom to plan long weekends away
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or upload both using the form below. Please let us know when you would be able to begin.
Start dates vary throughout the year, thus we accept applications year-round!
Please get in contact if you have any questions.